Reads & Eats, an online publication on food is looking for articles and will pay $100 for an article of 1,250 words.
This is what the founder Yi Shun Lai has to say on submitting to Reads & Eats.
In July, I started a new publication called Reads & Eats. (View it here.) Each month, I pen an essay about an American food I’m obsessed with, from club sandwiches to Long John Silver’s crumbly bits and everything in between. I also feature an emerging writer. It’s my way of sharing my platform as a published writer and professional editor.
Here’s what you need to know to submit to Reads & Eats.
You must be:
- An emerging writer with fewer than five paid publications. None of these publications should be a book.
- Marginalized (I do not ask for proof or anything like that.)
Your submission must be:
- A work of either fiction or nonfiction prose
- 1250 words or fewer
- Pasted into the body of your email
- About food in some way
- E-mailed to email@example.com
I accept 25 submissions per month. If I have reached this cap, you will get an autoreply. Please wait until the 8th of the following month to submit again.
Writers get paid $100, and I buy first Internet and Online Rights for two months. After that, all rights revert to you. Please reference Reads & Eats in future publications. You also get a free yearlong submission to Reads & Eats.